Good morning! Happy Friday!
Today was a mix of activities for the students. I used today as a “catch-up” day.
- Some students were finishing up their MAP test in the classroom.
- Some students (who were absent on Tuesday) were writing their narrative on demand.
- Some students were retaking the “Spanish” poem quiz from last Friday.
- I also briefly conferenced with a few students about missing homework/classwork assignments.
- Advanced students were getting logged in to No Red Ink to complete a Diagnostic Test. This is a website similar to MobyMax, however instead of focusing on reading standards it focuses on grammar, mechanics, and usage. This is something that, unfortunately, in a 50 minute class period we don’t usually get to cover more than 5 minutes. The students are at such a variety of levels so I told them to take the test by 9/16 and see how they did on it. This will allow me to assign practice to them based on what they are struggling with. This will be assigned as homework, however they may have an opportunity in class to if they finish their work to work on their homework early.
- Core students have 30 minutes of MobyMax due by next Friday 9/16. They need to select “Reading Skills Literature” and complete 30 minutes once they are logged in.
*Read 20-30 minutes daily to prepare for the one page essay due by 9/30 on Google Classroom.
*Reminder: Several students forgot to turn in the parent signature page about the one page essay. Turn in on Monday!!!
*Take the No Red Ink Diagnostic Test by 9/16. The website is noredink.com
*MobyMax Reading Skills Literature 30 minutes due by 9/16. School code: ky502
Don’t forget! Panther Parent Night (Open House) is on Thursday, Septebmer 15 from 6-7:30pm. You can meet all of the teachers, pick up midterm reports, and get MAP testing data on Reading and Math. They will have some informational sessions on Infinite Campus and about MAP data. Light refreshments will be available. 🙂 Flyers were sent home last week and e-mails have also been sent home. Hope to see you there!