Today in class the students wrote to their pen-pals in Ecuador or Zambia. The students have permission slips and a brief letter explaining the program that they are bringing home today. I will not be able to mail a letter unless the form is signed. I think they will benefit from this program and learning about students in another country.
Students that finished worked on revising their narrative drafts, completing their No Red Ink assignment, reading a book, or working on their October essay.
Tomorrow we have library day with Mrs. Butler! Students that have books checked out need to bring them back for renewal or check-in.
- Read 20-30 minutes to prepare for the essay due on 10/31 through Google Classroom.
- Core: 30 minutes of MobyMax “Reading Skills Informational” is due by Saturday at midnight.
- Advanced: No Red Ink pre-assessment is due by Saturday at midnight.
- Friday, October 21st we will celebrate 1st quarter GPA’s. If a student has a 4.0 GPA they will miss 7th hour for a party. If a student has a GPA between 3.5 and 3.9 they will miss 25 minutes of 4th hour for a party.
- Red Ribbon Week starts next week Oct. 24-Oct. 28th. Below are the themes and dress up attire for each day:
- Monday: Oct. 24th Jeans Day and Neon Day- The theme is I’m a “jean-ious” because I’m too bright to use drugs…Also My future is bright no drugs in sight! Everyone come dressed in jeans and either a bright neon top or bright neon socks.
- Tuesday: Oct. 25th Twin Day-The theme is Save a friend from using drugs and alcohol. Dress exactly like someone else.
- Wednesday: Oct. 26th Workout Wear Day-The theme is Stay healthy and Say, No to Drugs. Come dressed in workout wear.
- Thursday: Oct. 27th Sports Day-The theme is Team up against drugs! Come dressed in a team jersey or shirt
- Friday: Oct. 28th America Day-The theme is Pledge to help make America Drug Free. 6th graders come dressed in red, 7th graders come dressed in white, and 8th graders come dressed in blue.
7th Grade Homework Website