Today in class we finished discussing a clip of a charity video we watched. We discussed the impact that the student was able to make on her community, teachers, and family. Students were able to see that they too can make a difference regardless of their age. This will help us brainstorm as they research a charity at the end of our unit.
- Read 20-30 minutes to prepare for the October essay on 10/31. This should be turned in through Google Classroom.
- Core: 30 minutes of MobyMax “Reading Skills Informational” is due by Saturday at midnight.
- Advanced: No Red Ink pre-assessment quiz is due by Saturday at midnight.
- Friday, October 21st we will celebrate 1st quarter GPA’s. If a student has a 4.0 GPA they will miss 7th hour for a party. If a student has a GPA between 3.5 and 3.9 they will miss 25 minutes of 4th hour for a party.
- Red Ribbon Week starts next week Oct. 24-Oct. 28th. Below are the themes and dress up attire for each day:
- Monday: Oct. 24th Jeans Day and Neon Day- The theme is I’m a “jean-ious” because I’m too bright to use drugs…Also My future is bright no drugs in sight! Everyone come dressed in jeans and either a bright neon top or bright neon socks.
- Tuesday: Oct. 25th Twin Day-The theme is Save a friend from using drugs and alcohol. Dress exactly like someone else.
- Wednesday: Oct. 26th Workout Wear Day-The theme is Stay healthy and Say, No to Drugs. Come dressed in workout wear.
- Thursday: Oct. 27th Sports Day-The theme is Team up against drugs! Come dressed in a team jersey or shirt
- Friday: Oct. 28th America Day-The theme is Pledge to help make America Drug Free. 6th graders come dressed in red, 7th graders come dressed in white, and 8th graders come dressed in blue.