Today in class the students wrote to their pen-pals in Ecuador or Zambia. The students have permission slips and a brief letter explaining the program that they are bringing home today. I will not be able to mail a letter unless the form is signed. I think they will benefit from this program and learning about students in another country.
Students that finished worked on revising their narrative drafts, completing their No Red Ink assignment, reading a book, or working on their October essay.
Tomorrow we have library day with Mrs. Butler! Students that have books checked out need to bring them back for renewal or check-in.
- Read 20-30 minutes to prepare for the essay due on 10/31 through Google Classroom.
- Core: 30 minutes of MobyMax “Reading Skills Informational” is due by Saturday at midnight.
- Advanced: No Red Ink pre-assessment is due by Saturday at midnight.
- Friday, October 21st we will celebrate 1st quarter GPA’s. If a student has a 4.0 GPA they will miss 7th hour for a party. If a student has a GPA between 3.5 and 3.9 they will miss 25 minutes of 4th hour for a party.
- Red Ribbon Week starts next week Oct. 24-Oct. 28th. Below are the themes and dress up attire for each day:
- Monday: Oct. 24th Jeans Day and Neon Day- The theme is I’m a “jean-ious” because I’m too bright to use drugs…Also My future is bright no drugs in sight! Everyone come dressed in jeans and either a bright neon top or bright neon socks.
- Tuesday: Oct. 25th Twin Day-The theme is Save a friend from using drugs and alcohol. Dress exactly like someone else.
- Wednesday: Oct. 26th Workout Wear Day-The theme is Stay healthy and Say, No to Drugs. Come dressed in workout wear.
- Thursday: Oct. 27th Sports Day-The theme is Team up against drugs! Come dressed in a team jersey or shirt
- Friday: Oct. 28th America Day-The theme is Pledge to help make America Drug Free. 6th graders come dressed in red, 7th graders come dressed in white, and 8th graders come dressed in blue.