Today in class we worked on our introduction and our first body paragraph on an informative essay about a charity. We have been discussing charities in class as part of our unit. Now the students have the task of researching a charity or an individual philanthropist and writing an informative essay. This should be a quick and easy writing assignment that we will get done by early next week.
- Read 20-30 minutes to prepare for the essay due on 10/31 on Google Classroom. Please upload a Google Doc. of your essay and attach it to the October 31 book project. I’ve graded the essays that I have received.
- Core: 30 minutes of MobyMax “Reading Skills Informational” is due by Saturday.
- Advanced: No Red Ink practice is due by Saturday.
- Thursday: Oct. 27th Sports Day-The theme is Team up against drugs! Come dressed in a team jersey or shirt
- Friday: Oct. 28th America Day-The theme is Pledge to help make America Drug Free. 6th graders come dressed in red, 7th graders come dressed in white, and 8th graders come dressed in blue.
- Thursday, November 17- School Literacy Night. Students and parents are invited to come at 6 P.M. for the school spelling bee, storytime and book mark coloring contest, poetry cafe, and a game (Kahoot! or Quizzez). Food and drinks will be available to purchase in the poetry cafe.
- Saturday, November 20- Please join E.J. Hayes at Barnes & Nobles. All proceeds help support our school library. At 10 A.M. Rock 101 will be playing. Mrs. Areaux, 7th grade Jaguar teacher and author, will be signing and selling copies of her books. Mrs. Butler, Hayes librarian, will also have a bookmark contest leading up to the November 20th event where students can submit a bookmark to win a copy of one of Mrs. Areaux’s books.